The Fish Health Unit of the Marine Institute is the Irish National Reference Laboratory for finfish, mollusc and crustacean diseases and the Competent Authority for the implementation of aquatic animal health legislation.
A dedicated website has now been developed in order to provide a structured and user friendly one point source of information on the current Fish Health Regulations and related issues applicable in Ireland.
Please see www.fishhealth.ie for information on:
- Fish Health Unit - Competent Authority
- National Reference Laboratories
- Diagnostic Services
- Applying for Fish Health Authorisation on-line
- Applying to move Fish and Shellfish on-line
- Transporting Aquaculture Animals
- Registers of Aquaculture Production Business, Transporters and Ornamental Importers
- Fish Health Monitoring
- Surveillance Areas