International Co-operation Programme
The focus of the International Co-Operation Programme is to:
- Provide leadership in defining and influencing European Marine Science and Technology policies, strategies and research programmes.
- To add value to the Sea Change Strategy (National Marine Research, Knowledge and Innovation Strategy: 2007 – 2013) by ensuring appropriate links with and access to matching EU RTD Funds.
- EU Desk and Information Service: To provide information and advice to researchers to facilitate and maximise Irish participation in competitive EU funded marine RTD programmes.
International Co-operation 2008
Geoffrey O' Sullivan, Section Manager is involved with active participation and leadership in the definition of European Marine RTD policies, strategies and programmes, and in particular with respect to:
- The EU Maritime Blue Book and Action Plan (published October 2007)
- EU RTD Funding Programmes and in particular the Framework (FP7) and INTERREG-IV Programmes.
Provision of strategic information, advice and training to the Irish Marine Research Community (including SMEs) to facilitate and maximise Irish participation in competitive EU Funded Marine RTD Programmes.
Supporting the Sea Change Implementation Strategy
Working closely with the Sea Change Programme Managers, to facilitate Sea Change / SSTI Funded Initiatives access complementary competitive funding from EU supported research funding schemes with a focus on the 2009 / 2010 horizon.