To support those fields of science and engineering that underpin biotechnology, information and communications technology, and sustainable energy and energy-efficient technologies.
Who can apply?
- Applicants must be an established independent investigator with an internationally recognised track record. Lead and co-applicants are reviewed equally in the SFI PI Programme.
- Applicants should have at least three years of independent research experience beyond the Ph.D. or equivalent.
- Applicants must demonstrate a proven record of internationally recognised independent research accomplishments.
- Applicants are expected to have demonstrated research independence through securing at least one independent research grant as lead investigator or as co-investigator.
- Applicants are expected to have the capability and authority to mentor and supervise postgraduate students and team members.
PI grants may range from €100,000 to €1,000,000 direct costs per year and may be 3-5 years in duration.
Please refer to the Science Foundation Ireland Website for further information.