Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) Research Frontiers Programme (RFP) supports research in framework and/or integrative fields of science, engineering and mathematics that impacts diverse fields and that contributes educational benefit that will advance national scientific progress. RFP awards may be up to €220,000 (total direct costs) and are of 4 years duration.
The objectives of the Research Frontiers Programme are:
- To support innovative, cutting-edge and internationally competitive research in a broad range of disciplines in Science, Mathematics and Engineering.
- To establish a mechanism of looking forward to allow for changes in strategic areas in the future.
- To provide a broad base of support to underpin the strategic areas of Biotechnology, Information & Communications Technology, and Sustainable Energy & Energy-Efficient Technologies.
- To provide advanced education and training for young researchers in a wide variety of areas.
- To provide support to early career investigators.
Deadline for submission of proposals is 28th September 2009, 13:00. Additional information on the application process is available on SFI website.