Applications are now invited under the Marine Institute's Networking and Travel Grants scheme. This initiative is part of the Sea Change Innovation Supporting Programme funded under the National Development Plan 2007-2013.
Grant support is provided in the following three categories:
- A. Workshops and Conferences—Maximum Grant-Aid available €1,500
- B. Researcher Travel Awards—Maximum Grant-Aid available €750
- C. Other Marine Networking Initiative—Maximum Grant-Aid available €750.
Please refer to the Guidelines for Applicants (pdf 177kb,), for full information on the types of initiatives supported and the application procedure.
Applications must be submitted via the Marine Institute's online Application System - Research and Information Management System (RIMS). If you are a registered user of RIMS please go directly to the login page. If you wish to register on the system please register here.
- Applicants cannot receive more than two awards in any calendar year.
- Grant-aid is subject to available funding, which is allocated on an annual basis. In the event that the annual budget is allocated in full before year-end, a notification to this effect will be posted on this page.