Take part in the Explorers children’s photo and art competition and join us in celebrating European Maritime Day - in My Country, (20-21st May). So get the camera’s out, head down to the beach and start snapping your favourite Wild about Wildlife on the seashore. Or if you can’t get to the beach, download some of our Wild about Wildlife on the seashore species art sheets and get creative.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE: The competition is open to primary school children throughout Ireland. Photos and artwork will be based on the following age groups: The prizes are for individual entries and will be categorized by age: (5-7) (8-10) (11-12).
CLOSING DATE: Start sending in your photos from the 20th May until the 21st June 2021. Each week a shortlist of photos will be selected and posted on the Explorers Education social media Facebook: @ExplorersMarineEducation and Twitter @explorersedu
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. TAKE AN AMAZING PHOTO OF YOUR FAVOURITE MARINE ANIMAL, SEAWEED OR PLANT ON AN IRISH SEASHORE: Use your imagination and curiosity to capture the seashore moment. If you can't take a photo …DOWNLOAD ONE OF OUR EXPLORERS ART SHEETS & GET CREATIVE: Using paints, markers, or fabrics and fibres, show us what you love about the seashore.
2. WRITE A SHORT CAPTION FOR THE PHOTO OR ARTWORK. Explain why you are Wild about Wildlife on the seashore in your county.
3. EMAIL your photo to: explorers [dot] education [at] thecamdentrust [dot] org (explorers [dot] education [at] thecamdentrust [dot] org)
SUBJECT: EXPLORERS PHOTO/ART COMPETITION JUNE 2021
ENTRY DETAILS WITH THE PHOTO / ART
- Name of child
- Name of Teacher
- School Name
- Parents name and contact details.
AMAZING PRIZES: Thanks to the Explorers outreach team, we are very excited to provide lots of amazing prizes:
- Surf lessons in Waterford with the Oceanics Surf School
- Outdoor excursions in Donegal, Sligo, Mayo with Leave No Trace
- Seashore explorations with Sea Synergy in Kerry
- Shark activity packs from Marine Dimensions
- Family pass to Galway Atlantaquaria
- Family pass to Waterworks-Lifetime Lab in Cork
- as well as some of our favourite seashore and ocean books and posters from the Explorers Education Programme.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF PRIZE WINNERS: At the end of June the final prize winners will be selected and the representing teacher or parent will be contacted directly by the Explorers Education Programme management team.
Please feel free to download the EXPLORERS PHOTO/ART COMPETITION information and we look forward to receiving your fabulous Wild about Wildlife photos and artwork.
DATA PROTECTION AND FURTHER INFORMATION:
All data provided will be retained by the Explorers Education Programme Management team for the purpose of the competition only.
The provision of photographs and or artwork entered as part of this competition, provides the Explorers Education Programme management, partners and outreach team members the right to reproduce, display, and disseminate the photographs and artwork for non-commercial promotional purposes of the Explorers Education Programme and the European Maritime Day – in My Country.
If you require any further information please contact: explorers [dot] education [at] thecamdentrust [dot] org (explorers [dot] education [at] thecamdentrust [dot] org).