From sailors, surfers, scientists and seafarers to those who prefer to wade in the shallows or watch the wildlife, our sea means so many different things to different people. To celebrate the many different relationships that you, our community, have with the sea, we are asking you to share what the sea means to you.
To enter our competition as part of our Oceans of Learning Series, simply share what the seas means to you. Draw a picture, take a photo, upload a video, share a photo from a past holiday by the sea or favourite place along Ireland's coast, or you may even be inspired to write a poem or quote. It may be a walk along the shore, a swim in the ocean or enjoying fish and chips by the sea. Get creative and post on social using the hashtag #SeaToMe
Every week, the Marine Institute and partners are offering some great prizes inspired by our seas!
Sea To Me Competition Terms and Conditions
- This competition is free to enter and is open to all ages. If you are under 16 years of age, you must get permission from your parent or guardian before entering this competition.
- The competition is open to all residents of the Republic of Ireland.
- You may enter as many times as you wish, but each entry must be a new creation.
- To be eligible entrants must use the hashtag #SeaToMe on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. To enter via Facebook, posts must be made public. To enter via Instagram, posts must be made from a public account.
- By entering the competition and using #SeaToMe you are giving permission for your post, including video and image content, and social media username, to be displayed on the Marine Institute and competition partners social media platforms and website.
- We may re-tweet, re-post or comment on any of your entries to promote the #SeaToMe competition.
- We will delete or block inappropriate content tagged with #SeaToMe
- A winner will be selected each week and notified via direct message from the Marine Institute and will be asked to provide their email address.
- The Marine Institute will follow up with the potential winners via email with details on how to claim their prize.
- Your details and entries will only be used in association with this competition.
- All prizes are non-transferable.
- The competition will close on 30 July 2020.
- The competition promoter is The Marine Institute.
- The Marine Institute reserves the right to amend, terminate or withdraw the competition or alter the prizes of the competition without prior notice.
- Entry into this competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Further information on how we respect your data can be found on our Privacy Statement on the Marine Institute website.