Advanced Mapping Services (AMS) is a section within the Ocean Science and Information Services division of Marine Institute. The AMS team are actively involved in carrying out hydrographic, geophysical and habitat mapping as well as implementing the INFOMAR Data Exchange, Integration and Value Added programmes.
AMS promote access to and use of associated data for a variety of end uses including:
- Marine leisure and tourism - INFOMAR Diving App
- Fisheries management - protection of herring spawning beds / mapping of prawn grounds / prediction of larval dispersal patterns for stock management
- Licensing and permitting - spatial and seabed data to expedite aquaculture licensing
- Marine renewable energy - data for site selection, permitting, and public outreach
- Education & Research - Transition Year pilot project / 3rd level & international research partnerships / SMART Skills