You are invited to the following event:
CROSS-CUTTING MARINE OPPORTUNITIES IN EU FUNDING
Thursday, 7 January 2016 from 09:30 to 17:30 (GMT)
Marine Institute - Rinville, Marine Institute, Oranmore, Galway, IE
The MI will host a one day event for marine researchers and SMEs looking at cross cutting opportunities in Horizon 2020 (AM) and the Interreg Atlantic Area Programme (PM).
- How to Write a Competitive Proposal for Horizon 2020 – Dr Seán McCarthy
The aim of this half-day course is to train researchers, research managers and research support services in writing professional and competitive proposals for Horizon 2020.
- Describes the relevance of Horizon 2020 to EU policies
- Common problems in proposal writing and the success criteria for proposals.
The course provides tips on how to collect information, how to select strategic partners and how to avoid duplication in proposal writing. The final section describes a strategy for proposal writing.
- Interreg Atlantic Information Session - Michael O'Brien (NWRA)
The Atlantic Programme area is rich in maritime heritage and marine resources and boasts a strong Atlantic cultural identity. The area is also challenged by ongoing deficits in Innovation and SME competitiveness capacity as well as environmental threats including climate change and threats to the biodiversity of the Atlantic area. The agreed Programme Priorities respond to these challenges and will furthermore exploit opportunities in niche areas such as Green growth, Renewable Energies and Eco-Innovation.
The eligible priorities for the 2014-2020 Programme period are:
- Priority Axis 1: Stimulating Innovation and Competitiveness
- Priority Axis 2: Fostering Resource Efficiency
- Priority Axis 3: Strengthening The Territory's resilience to risks of natural, climate and human origin.
- Priority Axis 4: Enhancing biodiversity and the natural and cultural assets.
In the afternoon there will be opportunties for one on one advisory meetings with National Contact Points. Meeting rooms will also be available for breakout sessions if required.
AGENDA TO FOLLOW
Contact: Fiona Grant, H2020 NCP for Marine Aspects SC2, Marine Institute