The Marine Institute and the Geological Survey of Ireland will be hosting the SEABED 10 conference in Dublin on the 6th and 7th of October to celebrate ten years of seabed mapping in Ireland.
The conference will look back at the achievements of the Irish National Seabed Survey and it’s successor INFOMAR, as well as looking forward to the future of seabed mapping in Ireland.
There will be talks on the various aspects of a seabed mapping programme, from data acquisition, data delivery, product deliverables and data application amongst others. The partners in the initiative - the Geological Survey of Ireland (GSI) and the Marine Institute – are delighted to invite all interested parties to attend the conference.
6th and 7th October 2009
9am - 5.30pm
Liberty Hall Theatre,
- Comprehensive Programme of Presentations
- Irish National Seabed Survey (INSS) Lookback
- INFOMAR Overview, including 2009 Annual Seminar
- Poster Area
- A Ministerial Address
- The Official Naming of the State's Newest Research Vessel, the RV Keary and Visit to Same (transport to Poolbeg Marina will be provided)
- Sponsored Evening Receptions
Attendance at the conference is free but booking is essential. Please do so before Sept 25th by simply e-mailing Enda [dot] gallagher [at] gsi [dot] ie (or telephone ++ 353 1 6782834). We would also be delighted to welcome your colleagues so please feel free to pass on details of this conference as appropriate. For further details please see www.infomar.ie.