The Marine Institute Post-Doctoral Fellowship Programme aims to build national capacity and raise the maturity level for specified research themes under the National Marine Research & Innovation Strategy 2017-2021. This investment provides an opportunity for early career researchers to advance their careers and build a programme of research in a marine area of identified strategic importance.
The objective of the Marine Research Programme is to provide funding to the marine sector in Ireland that will:
- Build new research capacity and capability;
- Enable sharing of existing knowledge and technology transfer;
- Increase competitiveness and opportunities for sustainable economic growth;
- Inform public policy, and
- Increase public awareness of our maritime heritage.
Post-Doctoral Fellowships funded by the Marine Institute will provide assistance for appropriate research activities that support the goals of Harnessing Our Ocean Wealth, and/or address the objectives of other national and international marine strategies/plans, for example:
- National Marine Research & Innovation Strategy 2017-2021;
- Our Ocean Wealth Task Force Reports:
- Report of the Development Task Force
- Report of the Enablers Task Force on Marine Spatial Planning
- Food Wise 2025
- Innovation 2020
- EU Blue Growth
- EU Strategy for the Atlantic (2011) and
- EU Atlantic Action Plan 2014-2020.
See Successful Fellowships to view a list of current Fellowships funded by the Marine Institute.
This scheme is funded by the Marine Institute under the Marine Research Programme with the support of the Irish Government and co-funded under the European Regional Development Funded (ERDF) under Priority 1 - Strengthening Research, Technology Development and Innovation. Please contact funding [at] marine [dot] ie for further information on this Programme.