The Marine Institute Post-Doctoral Fellowship Programme aims to build national capacity and raise the maturity level for specified research themes under the National Marine Research & Innovation Strategy 2017-2021. This investment provides an opportunity for early career researchers to advance their careers and build a programme of research in a marine area of identified strategic importance.
The objective of the Marine Research Programme is to provide funding to the marine sector in Ireland that will:
- Build new research capacity and capability;
- Enable sharing of existing knowledge and technology transfer;
- Increase competitiveness and opportunities for sustainable economic growth;
- Inform public policy, and
- Increase public awareness of our maritime heritage.
Post-Doctoral Fellowships funded by the Marine Institute will provide assistance for appropriate research activities that support the goals of Harnessing Our Ocean Wealth, and/or address the objectives of other national and international marine strategies/plans, for example:
- National Marine Research & Innovation Strategy 2017-2021;
- Our Ocean Wealth Task Force Reports:
- Report of the Development Task Force
- Report of the Enablers Task Force on Marine Spatial Planning
- Food Wise 2025
- Innovation 2020
- EU Blue Growth
- EU Strategy for the Atlantic (2011) and
- EU Atlantic Action Plan 2014-2020.
See Successful Fellowships to view a list of Fellowships funded by the Marine Institute through the 2019 Post-Doctoral Fellowship Call.
This scheme is funded by the Marine Institute under the Marine Research Programme with the support of the Irish Government and co-funded under the European Regional Development Funded (ERDF) under Priority 1 - Strengthening Research, Technology Development and Innovation. Please contact funding [at] marine [dot] ie for further information on this Programme.