The 2019-2020 BiodivERsA Joint Transnational Call on the theme of BIODIVERSITY AND CLIMATE CHANGE is now open. This call is open to the Irish Research Community and will cover the following four non-exclusive themes:
- Consequences of climate change on biodiversity and nature’s contributions to people
- Climate-biodiversity feedback processes
- Potential of nature-based solutions for mitigating and adapting to climate change
- Synergies and trade-offs between policies on biodiversity, climate and other relevant sectors, and the role of agents of change
34 funding organisations, including the EPA with support from National Parks and Wildlife Service, from 26 countries are joining this call together with the European Commission (total budget €26 million). Research teams are invited to form transnational research consortia with eligible partners from minimum 3 countries participating in the call (including minimum two from EU Member States or EU Associated Countries).
- Launch of the call: Monday 02 September 2019
- Deadline for pre-proposals submission (mandatory): Tuesday 05 November 2019, 16:00 CET (local time in Brussels)
- Deadline for full-proposals submission: Tuesday 10 April 2020, 16:00 CEST (local time in Brussels)
For more information, please go to the BiodivERsA 2019/20 Joint call page.