The Marine Institute Networking & Travel Awards are currently open for 2020 submissions. Due to Covid19 travel restrictions the Marine Institute are encouraging applicants to host or participate in virtual events and online training courses. Eligible costs related to the organisation of virtual meetings can now be included in the application budget. The deadline for monthly submissions is the last Thursday of each month. Please ensure you familiarise yourself with the Applicant Rules and FAQ Document.
Grant support is provided in the following three categories:
- A. Hosting Workshops and Conferences: Maximum Grant-Aid available €2,000 for Conferences/Workshops.
- B. Researcher Travel Awards: Maximum Grant-Aid available €1,200 for travel outside of Europe and €750 for travel within Europe.
- C. Other Marine Networking Initiatives: Maximum Grant-Aid available €1,200 for travel outside of Europe and €750 for travel within Europe.
Applications must be submitted via the Marine Institute's online Application System - Research and Information Management System (RIMS). Application forms are available to download from RIMS. Please refer to the Applicant Rules for information on how to register on RIMS, the types of initiatives supported, the application procedure. Please see the FAQ Document for a list of general questions and queries. Applications submitted on the incorrect form or incomplete applications will not pass the eligibility check and will not go forward to the evaluation process.
This scheme is funded by the Marine Institute under the Marine Research Programme with the support of the Irish Government.
- Applicants cannot receive more than two awards in any calendar year.
- Applications are capped at max three applications per Research Group/Department per event.
- Applications must be submitted one month in advance of the event - exception listed above in relation to month one.
- Final close date for submissions is 30th November 2020 for events taking place up to 31st January 2021.