The aim of the SFI Research Infrastructure Call is to support the research community in building and sustaining the required infrastructural capacity to accomplish high quality, high impact and innovative research in areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics that demonstrably enhance and underpin enterprise competitiveness and societal development in Ireland.
Key Programmatic Objectives
- To give Irish researchers access to cutting-edge research infrastructure that will enhance high quality research activities and innovation in areas of strategic priority
- To facilitate inter-institutional sharing of national research infrastructure, especially with Institutes of Technology
- To support the strategic development and growth of the SFI Research Centres
- To encourage effective research partnership with industry through collaborative initiatives involving provision of industry access to infrastructure, with particular focus on growing multi-national companies and/or small & medium-sized enterprise partnerships
- To provide outstanding research infrastructure that will enable Irish researchers to compete for Horizon 2020 research funding calls
- To make Ireland an attractive location for recruitment of world-leading scientists and engineers
- To support national and European Open Science policies and principles and ensure access to an effective digital research infrastructure ecosystem
- To optimise utilisation and promote future sustainability of research infrastructures through the development of management and access charge plans
The Research Infrastructure 2018 Programme will have two deadlines.
- Expression of Interest Deadline: 13:00h (local time Dublin, Ireland) on the 4th April 2018.
- Second Full-Proposal Deadline: 13:00h (local time Dublin, Ireland) on the 1st of May 2018
Full details of the call and application process are available on the SFI website.