Marine Institute, Rinville, Oranmore, Galway
The Marine Institute is the national agency responsible for marine research, technology, development and innovation (RTDI). The Marine Institute seeks to assess and realise the economic potential of Ireland’s 220-million-acre marine resource; promote the sustainable development of marine industry through strategic funding programmes and scientific services; and safeguard the marine environment through research and environmental monitoring. The Institute works in conjunction with the Department of Agriculture, Food and Marine (DAFM) and a network of other Government Departments, semi-state agencies, national and international marine partners.
Summary of the Role:
The Marine Institute is seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Executive Officer to be responsible for EU project financial and administrative reporting.
Please read a detailed job descriptions here
Educational and Professional Requirements:
- Holds a relevant qualification.
- At least 18 months experience in a relevant position.
- Experience of working in a research, scientific or academic environment.
- Demonstrated familiarity with EU and national funding mechanisms.
- To be a self-starter who can take responsibility and ensure delivery.
- The ability to be well organised and work to deadlines.
- Identifying priorities and managing time effectively to plan, organise and coordinate work assignments.
- Strong administration skills with good attention to detail.
- A high level of computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet/Email).
- Confident oral communicator comfortable with addressing large groups from varying backgrounds.
- A fast learner who approaches new tasks and challenges with confidence & enthusiasm.
- The ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally, at all levels.
- The ability to work unsupervised and to work well with others.
Duration of Contract:
This temporary specified purpose contract of employment is funded under the JPI Climate ERA4CS Joint Call through the EPA as the Irish Research Funding Organisation and will run for a duration of up to 13th May 2021. The successful candidate will be on probation for the first six months of this contract.
How to Apply:
A C.V. and letter of application, summarising experience and skill set applicable to the position should be emailed to recruitment [at] marine [dot] ie or posted to Human Resources at the Marine Institute, Rinville, Oranmore, Galway. All correspondence for this post should quote reference OCIS/AAProjects/Sept20.
Closing date for Applications:
All applications for this post should be received by the Marine Institute in advance of 12 noon, Thursday 15th October 2020. Please note that late applications will not be accepted.
Use of data- all personal data and the information submitted for this application will be used solely for the purpose of this campaign, after which it will be deleted in line with our data and documents policy. All information will be treated with the strictest confidence and accessed only by those involved directly in the campaign.
Marine Institute is an equal opportunities employer