Cullen Scholarship 2023
The Marine Institute is pleased to announce a call for proposals from academic institutions to host Cullen Scholars and provide research training opportunities for scientists in marine and related disciplines leading to the acquisition of a higher degree. Proposals are invited from suitable research supervisors at Higher Education Institutions on the island of Ireland with the necessary competence to host/co-supervise the Cullen Scholar in collaboration with the named Marine Institute Supervisor. The Cullen Scholars will be based primarily at a Marine Institute location during their scholarship unless otherwise stated on the Proposal Specification.
Full details of the Programme Terms and Conditions including a copy of the Grant-Aid Agreement and application procedures are available in the Cullen Scholarship Programme Terms. All applications must be submitted through the Marine Institute's online Grant Management System (RIMS). Details on registration are available in the Programme Terms. Further details of the individual research topics and contact details for the Marine Institute Co-Supervisors are available in the following specification documents:
- Cullen Scholarship: Development and verification of a sound propagation model for predicting effects of Offshore Renewable Energy
- Cullen Scholarship: Priority Fishing Areas in a changing climate and in the context of major constraints on ocean area use by MPAs and OREs
- Cullen Scholarship: Epidemiological examination of Salmonid Rickettsial Septicaemia in Irish Atlantic salmon farms
- Cullen Scholarship: Assessing the use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles to monitor Marine Protected Areas and provide best‐practice advice for Ireland’s MPAs
- Cullen Scholarship: Irish maritime industry’s transition to alternative fuels
Call close date 16:00 on Thursday 15th June 2023. Please email the Research Funding Office (email@example.com) with any queries on the application process.