The Marine Institute is pleased to announce a call for proposals from academic institutions to host Cullen Scholars and provide research training opportunities for scientists in marine and related disciplines leading to the acquisition of a higher degree. Proposals are invited from suitable research supervisors at Higher Education Institutions on the island of Ireland with the necessary competence to host/co-supervise the Cullen Scholar in collaboration with the named Marine Institute Supervisor. The Cullen Scholars will be based primarily at a Marine Institute location during their scholarship unless otherwise stated on the Proposal Specification.
Full details of the Programme Terms and Conditions including a copy of the Grant-Aid Agreement and application procedures are available in the Cullen Scholarship Programme Terms. All applications must be submitted through the Marine Institute's online Grant Management System (RIMS). Details on registration are available in the Programme Terms. Further details of the individual research topics and contact details for the Marine Institute Co-Supervisors are available in the following specification documents:
- Cullen Scholarship: Marine and Coastal Environmental monitoring using drone and aerial Hyperspectral Imaging sensor.
- Cullen Scholarship: Developing ecosystem accounting for Ireland’s marine and coastal ecosystems.
- Cullen Scholarship: A Maritime Education and Training Framework for Ireland.
- Cullen Scholarship: Performance optimisation in port community systems through digitalisation.
- Cullen Scholarship: Analysis of Long-term Trends in WFD Benthic Invertebrates Quality Element in transitional and Coastal Waterbodies Across Ireland
- Cullen Scholarship: Developing new underwater AI algorithms for real time data analysis, mission planning and investigations;
Call close date 16:00 on Thursday 14th July 2022. Please email the Research Funding Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any queries on the application process.