Cullen Scholarship Programme
The Cullen Scholarship Programme provides Scolarships to postgraduates to work on projects relevant to the Marine Institute whilst studying for a higher degree. The Scholarships are offered in all areas of Marine Institute research activity with Cullen Scholars generally based at a Marine Institute location under the guidance of their Marine Institute supervisor while attending all academic modules at their Higher Education Institutes. The objectives of the Programme are:
- To provide research training opportunities for scientists in marine and related disciplines leading to the acquisition of a higher degree;
- To facilitate liaison between the Marine Institute's applied research programme and the more basic or fundamental investigations in the third-level sector, particularly in 'new science' areas;
- To increase the Marine Institute's research capacity.
Applications for Cullen Scholarships are submitted by academic staff in Higher Education Institutes in collaboration with Marine Institute researchers. Call details are published on the Marine Institute website under Current Funding Opportunities. Further details of individual Scholarships awarded under the Programme are available on the following link which is searchable by Year Awarded: Cullen Scholarships Awarded to date.
Eoin Sweeney Scholarship Programme
• To establish collaboration between Ireland and Spain though research undertaken using the test-bed and demonstration facilities in both countries; and
• To increase research capacity in advanced ocean technology development and/or ocean observing system.
Both schemes are funded by the Marine Institute under the Marine Research Programme with the support of the Irish Government. Please contact email@example.com for further information on either Programme.