Location: Marine Institute, Oranmore, Co. Galway, Ireland
The Marine Institute is a non-commercial semi-state body, which was formally established by statute (Marine Institute Act, 1991) in October 1992. We are the national agency responsible for marine research, technology, development and innovation (RTDI). The Marine Institute seeks to assess and realise the economic potential of Ireland’s 220 million acre marine resource; promote the sustainable development of marine industry through strategic funding programmes and scientific services; and safeguard the marine environment through research and environmental monitoring. The Institute works in conjunction with the Department of Agriculture, Food and Marine (DAFM) and a network of other Government Departments, semi-state agencies, national and international marine partners.
Summary of the Role
The role of the Section Manager MRE and Marine Infrastructure Projects will be to manage the operational activity, strategic development, and governance of the Marine Institute’s contribution to the National Ocean Energy Programme. Furthermore this position will oversee relevant European and other international collaborative projects and programmes including Ireland’s involvement in the EMSO ERIC.
Among the duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide full oversight and management of MI Ocean Energy programme and coastal observational activities of the Galway Bay Test Site as MI Lead.
- Responsibility for liaison with developers, SEAI, other Government Bodies and research centres and universities, both national and international.
- Act as MI Lead in relation to any environmental monitoring and planning required for the test site.
- Manage the provision of Institute operational services at Galway Bay OE test sites and Atlantic Marine Energy Test Site (AMETS -(Mayo) test site, including workspace rental, technical support, procurement, materials, tooling, divers, transport and work vessels.
- Oversee data management activities in the OE area and specifically the development of an OE data portal.
- Act as delegate in support of OSIS Director on the EMSO ERIC Assembly of Members.
Please review a detailed job description here.
Duration of Contract
This is a temporary specified contract for a duration of up to 3 years, SEAI and EMSO Link Funded.
How To Apply
A detailed and recent C.V. together with a letter of application, summarising experience and skill sets applicable to the position should be emailed to recruitment [at] marine [dot] ie or posted to Human Resources at the Marine Institute, Rinville, Oranmore, Galway. All correspondence for this post should quote reference OSIS/Section Manager MRE & EU Projects/ Nov 2018.
Closing date for applications - All applications for this post should be received by the Marine Institute in advance of 12 noon on Monday December 10th 2018. Please note that late applications will not be accepted.