Invitation to Tender for the Supply of Fishery Sampling Services - Ref: ITT15-033
The Marine Institute, a semi State body, wishes to invite tenders for the supply of Fishery Sampling Services. The service provider will sample and record fishery discard and commercial data on board commercial fishing vessels as directed by Fisheries Ecosystems Advisory Services according to FEAS Catch Sampling protocols. Full details can be found on etenders.gov.ie where all documentation can be downloaded or submit the tender on line.
FEAS also conducts a wide variety of fisheries survey research programmes throughout the year, on commercial vessels and purpose built research vessels RV Celtic Explorer & RV Celtic Voyager aimed at both improving the advice and increasing our understanding of the fisheries resource and the ecosystem.
If you are tendering from a company with multiple personnel a complete application must be submitted for each applicant.
The detailed data and information required and collated by FEAS for stock assessment includes:
• The length distribution of landings
• A profile of the age structure of landings
• Fishery Catch information
• The number of boats fishing in a particular area over time
• The catch, time spent fishing, gears used (fleet activity)
• Information on the annual landings into each port
• Data from various research surveys carried out by FEAS
Landings are sampled at ports, fishermen's Co-operatives, fish processors and auction sites around the coast by contracted port samplers employed by FEAS, as well as other FEAS staff. Catch and discards are assessed by a number of Fisheries Assessment Analysts based in the Institute's port facilities at Killybegs, Ros a Mhíl, Castletownbere, Dunmore East and Greencastle.
These data collection programmes are conducted under the EC Data Collection Framework (EC Council Regulation 199/2008) for which the Marine Institute is the Irish National Coordinator, working closely with Department of Agriculture, Food and Marine.
FEAS sea-going missions include:
• Acoustic studies of pelagic stocks, the distribution of fish eggs, larvae and juveniles,
• Under water TV surveys for Nephrops,
• Ground fish surveys and fish tagging studies.
• Sampling of catch aboard commercial fishing vessels
Summaries on the status of each commercial stock are presented annually in the "The Stock Book" (available on www.marine.ie).
Document links ITT15-033 and Work History: Fishery Sampling Services Tender form.
Requests for additional information or clarification of items within this document must be made in writing through the Questions and Answers Section of www.etenders.gov.ie
Requests for information made by telephone or to any other email address shall not be responded to.
Expressions of interest
All parties that wish to be kept informed of any clarifications and/or additional information regarding the tender should register their interest by registering on e-Tenders: http://www.etenders.gov.ie
Closing Date for Tender Responses
All tenders must:
• be received prior to 16:00 on 25th September 2015
Be submitted using the on-line http://www.etenders.gov.ie TENDER POSTBOX (This is an online submission facility which allows awarding authorities to receive tenders responses from suppliers)
• be sent via registered post, recorded delivery or by hand to the address below
• include three hard copies of tender application
• Written references must be included by all applicants.
Please note that non-conformance with these requirements will result in disqualification
All tenders should be addressed to:
Fisheries Sampling Services Tender
Please note that any information submitted may be subject to the Freedom of Information Act, 1997.