Observing Our Ocean
We routinely collect and archive physical oceanographic data other than that collected by the Real Time Observatories. Datasets include:
- Near surface temperature and salinity collected by the research vessels, Celtic Explorer and Celtic Voyager while at sea.
- Vertical profiles of temperature and salinity measured by Conductivity, Temperature and Depth (CTD) profilers.
- Time series of temperature and salinity at project specific sites.
- Water column current structure measure by Acoustic Doppler Current Profilers (ADCPs) at project specific sites.
- Spectral wave data at project specific sites.
Oceanographic data is freely available via Marine Data Online or on our Data Request page.