Ifremer, in partnership with the Marine Institute and others will hold the 4th edition of its annual press conference on the status of fisheries on Tuesday 24th May at 10am (Belgian time).
The conference will address the following topics:
• Possible solutions for the future of the Common Fisheries Policy. How can fisheries contribute to a healthy marine ecosystem? Mr. David Reid (Marine Institute)
• How do European scientists monitor and assess the status of fish populations? The importance of
• European coordination of oceanographic campaigns, Ms Els Torrele (ILVO)
• How are the fish in the European Union? CSTEP report 2021 « CFP monitoring » results, Ms Clara Ulrich (Ifremer)
• The consequences of climate change on fisheries resources and fishing. "Exploitable" biomass decline, fish populations displacement, instability, and unexpected events, Mr. Didier Gascuel (Agro Campus Ouest)
To watch the conference live sign up at: email@example.com