The call is now open for Marine Institute SMART Research Vessel Bursaries 2021.
The Marine Institute and the Strategic Marine Alliance for Research and Training (SMART) are offering up to 20 bursaries on dedicated FEAS surveys in 2021.
Successful applicants will:
• Be awarded a "Student at Sea Bursary" at a fixed rate of €95 per survey night
• Gain formative offshore experience
• Learn and practice core offshore data collection skills
• Be mentored by experienced scientists and research leaders
• Receive recognition for Continuous Professional Development
Surveys with bursaries include:
• CE21002: Irish Anglerfish and Megrim Survey Leg 2. 20th Feb. to March 4th.
• CE21005: Irish Anglerfish and Megrim Survey Leg 3. 10th to 24th April.
• CE21009: Western Edge Small Pelagics Acoustic Survey. 9th June 20th July.
• CE21012: Celtic Sea Herring Acoustic Survey. 8th to 28th October.
• CE21013: Irish Ground Fish Survey. 29th Oct. to 14th December.
To read more about these opportunities including how to apply please visit:
NB closing date for the first survey, CV21002, is the 2nd February!