The Marine Institute is the national agency responsible for marine research, technology, development and innovation (RTDI). The Marine Institute seeks to assess and realise the economic potential of Ireland’s 220-million-acre marine resource; promote the sustainable development of marine industry through strategic funding programmes and scientific services; and safeguard the marine environment through research and environmental monitoring. The Institute works in conjunction with the Department of Agriculture, Food and Marine (DAFM) and a network of other Government Departments, semi-state agencies, national and international marine partners.
Summary of the Role:
The Software Developer will work in the Information Services and Development’s Application Development team, developing and supporting software to assist Institute programmes across operational teams including Fisheries Ecosystems Advisory Science, Marine Environment and Food Safety, and Oceanography and Information Services. The Software Developer will develop, maintain and support software solutions with a focus on data processes including scientific data processing and analysis, and information delivery to a range of stakeholders.
Please read a detailed job description here (right click to open JD in new window)
Educational and Professional Requirements:
Essential / Important:
- A degree or equivalent in computer science, software engineering, or related discipline.
- Experience or knowledge of software development processes such as Agile (Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
- Some experience of developing data visualisations, and / or other analytical capabilities.
- A demonstrated ability to use initiative.
- Excellent time management including the ability to work unsupervised.
- The ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally at all levels, and with other teams and organisations.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.