We collect, maintain and disseminate information relating to marine matters via numerous online data services including maps and graphs to view data, descriptive metadata to find data and services to download data.
- Integrated Marine Observations System (IMOS) sensors and instruments managed by The Marine Institute.
- The Irish Marine Data Buoy Observation Network monitoring weather and oceanographic conditions.
- Wave Buoys monitoring wave condition at Belmullet and Spiddal energy test sites.
- Tidal Observations monitoring water level, temperature and atmospheric pressure observations.
- Burrishoole Catchment Weather monitoring air temperature, atmospheric pressure, atmospheric humidity, rainfall, earth temperature, soil temperature, wind speed and direction observations.
- Visit The Irish Spatial Data Exchange and discover what specific geographical area data exists.
- Visit The Marine Institute Data Catalogue and download oceanography, fisheries, ocean energy, marine environment and food safety result data.
- Complete our Data Request Form for data that is not accessible via our data services.
- Visit the HABs Shellfish Monitoring Programme for shellfish safety data.
Ireland's Digital Ocean
Funded by the Marine Institute, visit Ireland's Digital Ocean and find information relating to weather, tides, waves, ports, marinas, beaches, sea beds, ship wrecks, dive sites, biospheres, protected and special areas of conservation, provided by numerous third party organisations.
- Visit Ireland’s Marine Atlas to view and download official and authoritive marine environmental data relevant to reporting under Ireland’s Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD).
- Seabed Viewer for INFOMAR data on bathymetry, backscatter, grab samples, shaded relief, sound velocity profile, sediment samples and seabed habitat classification
- View and download sea fisheries species data from the Groundfish and Biological Sampling Survey.
- Visit The Data Services Story Maps to view maps, legends, text, photos and video.
- Visit The SeaRover Survey to explore the sensitive ecosystem assessment and ROV exploration of reef survey