The objective of the Marine Research Programme is to provide funding to the marine sector in Ireland that will:
- Build new research capacity and capability;
- Enable sharing of existing knowledge and technology transfer;
- Increase competitiveness and opportunities for sustainable economic growth;
- Protect and conserve marine resources;
- Inform public policy; and
- Increase public awareness of our maritime heritage.
The research priorities for 2014-2020 aim to support sustainable economic growth, promote innovation, protect marine ecosystems and inform policy, governance and regulation of the Irish marine sector. Project-Based Awards funded by the Marine Institute will provide assistance for appropriate research activities that support the goals of Harnessing Our Ocean Wealth, and/or address the objectives of other national and international marine strategies/plans, e.g.
- National Marine Research & Innovation Strategy 2017-2021
- Our Ocean Wealth Task Force Reports:
- Report of the Development Task Force
- Report of the Enablers Task Force on Marine Spatial Planning
- Food Wise 2025
- Innovation 2020
- EU Blue Growth
- EU Strategy for the Atlantic (2011) and
- EU Strategy for the Atlantic 2014-2020
The Marine Institute has provided funding to 31 Project-Based Awards between 2014 - 2021 including co-funded projects with national and EU funding agencies. Details of the projects awarded, including details of the project outputs recorded to date are available from the following report: Marine Institute Funded Project-Based Awards - 2014-2021.
This scheme is funded by the Marine Institute under the Marine Research Programme with the support of the Irish Government. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on this Programme.