FOI Publication Scheme
Publication Scheme under Freedom of Information Act, 2014.
The Marine Institute has prepared and published a Publication Scheme concerning the information of the Institute confirming with the Model and Guidelines published by the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform under Section 8 of the Freedom of Information Act, 2014.
The Scheme comes into effect on the 14th April, 2016.
Purpose of Scheme:
The Scheme is designed to facilitate the provision of information to the greatest extent possible, except for information exempted under the Act and in preparing, reviewing or revising a Publication Scheme, an FOI body shall have regard to the public interest in:
a. allowing public access to information held by the FOI body;
b. the publication of reasons for decisions made by the FOI body; and
c. publishing information of relevance or interest to the general public in relation to its activities and functions generally.
Scheme Format and Access:
The Scheme is web based with links from it to information under six headings as set out below which will be updated as provided for under the Act. A hard copy will be available for viewing by appointment also.
Who we are
- The Marine Institute was formed under the Marine Institute Act 1991
- The Irish Maritime Development Office was formed under the Fisheries Amendment Act 1999 and the Harbours Amendment Act 1999
- Corporate Plans and Strategies
- Annual Reports
- Organisational Structure
- Annual Reports
- Locations and contact details
- Pay/Grading Structures - Link available soon
- Service Level Agreements / Memoranda of Understanding - Link available soon
- Customer Charters
- Codes of Practice - Link available soon
- Financial Statements
- Capital Expenditure - Link available soon
- Purchase Orders
- Board Member Remuneration